- Check the website of your area to find out the electricity charges on peak, mid peak and off peak timings and try to use off peak timing to do your work more than on and mid peak hours as it can directly reduce the amount of your bill.
- Using fans or ceiling fans make a big impact on your energy bill in summer.
- Its good if install a programmable thermostat with a built in timer so you can low the temperature by few degrees when you are away or in night.
- Keep blinds and shades closed in summer to reduce outside heat.
- Clean or replace the air filter of your furnace every month to improve efficiency.
- All unnecessary lights should be turned off if you are away.
- Each degree below 26 centigrade of AC will increase the electricity use.
- Turn off water heater if you are out of town.
- Fix leaky faucets.
- Defrost regularly to enhance the performance of freezer.
- Don’t over-fill your refrigerator because it can block air circulation.
Real Estate Websites by Web4Realty